Blog Warhammer

Warhammer Online's release date will be September 23 and here is why... no, I'm just kidding, I'm not going to discuss that on my blog. If I see one more "September 23, did you know?!" post I just might explode. Like a big... big... angry badger.
In fact, I now declare W&W to be officially September 23 Free *insert appropriate music*. (Now I can only hope it's not actually that date or I might get trouble.)

No, what I really wanted to talk about is blogging and WAR. See, back when I was playing World of Warcraft I read plenty of blogs, and the idea of starting one about WoW myself came to me more than once. What many WoW bloggers had in common was that they where a part of a community called Blog Azeroth. On it's forum bloggers discussed blogging with other bloggers. How to write, what to write, how to get publicity, advice, and much more.

It's a great concept. It would not only help us that already blog to get better and more in touch with each other, but new bloggers would also find a easy platform from where they can begin. We all know it's a bit hard to make people aware of your blog when you first start, so what could be better than drop a post on a blogger community, announcing that you are here and this is what you do. So why can't we have the same thing about WAR? Nothing that stops us I guess. All we need is a forum somewhere.

What could it be called? "Blog WAR", "WAR-bloggers", "Waaagh! Bloggers", "Blog [whatever WAR's world is named]"?

In other news, the new design for the blog that I have been working on for the last week is nearing completion. And by completion I mean that I haven't deleted this design for two days. With me, that usually mean it's something I will stick with... for a month. Expect to see some result Soon™ (could be tomorrow).

6 comments:

  1. Maybe put something together with other Games Workshop fans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog WAR or Blog [insert WAR's specific universe name here] sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great idea. I am a noob blogger so I could use some advice. BTW have you heard about September 23 yet??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good to me. I'd suggest maybe instead of a forum, a blog :P

    After all we can all add more authors as necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, interesting concept! I'd definitely contribute but I don't have much time for the setting up of it.

    A blog platform for the site might be nice, but I think a forum would be a lot more user-friendly. The trouble with blogs is that the main articles get pushed down the page so quickly and they're not the best for continuous conversation. A forum gives you a nice and easy overview of all the discussions going on.

    That's just my humble opinion though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ruur: yea that would be an idea. The more the merrier.

    @Ardue: but if you have over hundred users, it doesn't work with a blog format. Check out Blog Azeroth's forum, and see how they have done.

    ReplyDelete